Monday, November 13, 2006

I Know...

it may not seem like it, but I am still here. I'm trying to relax and enjoy things. I'm trying to do some non-school stuff, but it's just so hard. I'm beating myself up for not getting everything done like it should be done, so I'm just continuing my being bummed out, but you guys don't want to hear about any of that. I'm going to try to keep blogging because I really do enjoy it, but I also want to post more fun and less whining (my whines aren't really even worth Wednesday Whining at casa de Phantom)

Anyway, here a few random bullets of strangeness:
  • T-shirt on 18-ish year old girl seen on campus: "MILF-to-be." Good lord, I hope I never have daughters. I want to be a cool uncle, but if my nieces wear that, I'll disown them. I can do that, right?
  • One non-school thing I did get out for (last week sometime?) was a chamber music master class that another TA was performing in. Very very cool. Why don't I go listen to more classical music? It's soooo much better live.
  • I signed up for the Metro-Sprawl Marathon. It's next year spring-ish. I get a 'in training' tshirt. yea! Am I ready to do another marathon? um... nope. I have been doing longer runs though. hehe. More to come on that.
  • I am going to visit family for Festivus (or Chrismahanukwanzakah if you prefer), but not Thanksgiving. Yea! and Boo Hiss!
  • Today I had to watch three other TAs present the same material that I presented today and write reports on their methodology. Very interesting. I hate going into other peoples' classes. I always assume that I'm disrupting the atmosphere. I even had one student (not mine) realize I TAed for the same class and he asked me a question loudly in the middle of class while the TA was talking! Grrr... young whippersnappers. Now that it's all done though, I'm kind of glad they made us do it. There are a few interesting methods that other TAs do that I might pick up, but the main lesson was, I think, that I shouldn't try to teach the way that other people do. I've got a unique style (like everyone else) and it seems to work, but I couldn't do it they way that he does - or him or him.
  • That last bullet was more than a bullet's worth of stream of consciousness blather, but, well, there it is.
Ok. I'm crawling back into my reading position to try to crank though enough material to not embarrass myself too badly at tomorrow's seminar.

No comments: