Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sister Sylvia Stout

Ugh.  Where did I get all of this junk?  I cleaned out my room and I thought it was mostly done.  Silly me.  I knew I had a desk in the garage (I moved it down there for the re-carpeting).  I had forgotten the boxes.  Oh sweet lord, the boxes.  What’s in all of them?  How can I accumulate all of this junk?  I can see the promise in a Buddhist renunciation of material things.  Except I can’t give up my computer.  I would be a bad Buddhist, but I must strive to be a lighter being.  I’m going to tackle the mess in the garage.  I’m going to tackle the mess in my new room (isn’t it funny how you never realize how much smaller a new area is until you try to cram all of the stuff you had in the old area into it?).

I must clarify my life.

Anyone want to buy a desk?

1 comment:

mendi-la said...

it is amazing the amout of 'stuff' we all aquire and then pretend we no longer have so that we can get more. i personally am on a kick to also clean out my closet. it is hard though, many of my things hold memories for me that i'm not sure i would remember without them as a reminder...