Saturday, February 24, 2007

Hooray for a Mental Health Day!

Today was very fun. This weekend, I'm only 125% behind schedule instead of the standard 200%, so, rather than catch up on Saturday and Sunday, I took a mental health break today. It was a bit of a journey, but I headed out to a Major Metro Museum! yea for museums!

I generally go to museums alone so that I can hover over things that I like and not worry about other folks getting too bored. It was a good thing today, too. The main big touring exhibit they had there was very underwhelming to me. I wont go into details, lest I blow what's left of my cover, but it was a fairly big to do about a name most of you recognize - and aside from a few interesting pieces, it felt pretty flat. Eh.

On the up side, their permanent exhibit was very yummy. One of the areas that I would have loved to see was closed for remodeling, but there was a nice European Renaissance and Medieval section as well as some really kick-ass South and Southeast Asia stuff.

Most entertainingly, the permanent exhibits allow photography. Joy!

So, if you are inclined, take a browse of my flickr stream, and if you recognize the place, don't out me. Just reply smugly in the comments - You could also help out tagging :) I always forget to take notes, so, I get confused and forget who folks are. For those who know me, I put up full size versions of the photos on the other cooler-than-flickr website, so you can go there too if you like.

1 comment:

Ianqui said...

My goodness, you took a lot of pictures at the museum! But it was fun--it reminded me of some of the statuary I saw when I was in India. Good stuff.