Oh, before we start here, two unrelated things - Hello to the newest member of my family, another niece to lovingly torment my sister's wonderful home. Hi there.
Second completely unrelated thing. I just remembered an awful joke, so you get to read it:
So a woman goes into a bar bar and the bartender asks her what she wants. She tells him she wants a Double Entendre, and so he gives it too her.
Nobody's laughing. I guess it's all in the telling...
So let's see if I remember how to do this. Is it bullet points or quotes? Ah yes, quotes...
Ah but first, looks like #7 was the only real stumper last time. It was 'Say Say Say' by Mickey J. Oh, and by the way, did you see this? Shudder....
Right then these are all going to be mostly off of my pandora list, so it may be a bit more... er... obscure than it generally is, but hey - you'll dig it :)
1. Oooo... I really remember this cassette, but this cut is a bit hard to place without the tune...
Alone between the sheets
Only brings exasperation
Its time to walk the streets
Smell the desperation
At least theres pretty lights
And though theres little variation
It nullifies the night
2. Karaoke anyone?
And the years rolled slowly past
And I found myself alone
Surrounded by strangers I thought were my friends
I found myself further and further from my home
3. I don't care what you think, I still like this one
Last night I tried to leave
Cried so much I just
Could not believe
She was the same girl I
Fell in love with long ago
4. One of my favorite songs in the whole wide world
Tonight I'll sing my songs again,
I'll play the game and pretend.
But all my words come back to me in shades of mediocrity
Like emptiness in harmony I need someone to comfort me.
5. Ah, another good karaoke song...
I've overcome the blow
I've learned to take it well
I only wish my words could just convince myself
That it just wasn't real
But that's not the way it feels
6. This one may be hard. I haven't figured out if I like it or not yet.
You live in a church
Where you sleep with voodoo dolls
And you won't give up the search
For the ghosts in the halls
7. Sappy, but hey, so am I
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
8. Oh, I had, and probably still do have a huge crush on this woman
If I'm the only witness
To your madness
Offer me some words to balance
Out what I see and what I hear
All these cold and rude
Things that you do
I suppose you do
Because he belongs to you
9. Er... not so much of a crush here, but um... nice voice?
I know a lot of fancy dancers,
people who can glide you on a floor,
They move so smooth but have no answers.
When you ask "Why'd you come here for?"
"I don't know" "Why?"
10. I have to have done this one before, but hey, I've got a crush on her, too, so you folks get to suffer
if this world makes you crazy
and you've taken all you can bear
you call me up
because you know I'll be there
11. Ok, as long as I'm admitting my crushes on pop-songstresses, I'll put this one it too. I should add that she is mucho spooky though. Especially in this song. Anyone know this one?
They say that the Devil is a charming man.
And just like you I bet he can dance.
And he's coming up behind in his long
Tailed black coat dance,
All tails in the air.