Friday, September 12, 2008

Your Early Morning Recommendation

I was wandering around the campus bookstore, looking at the required reading for classes that I wish I could take, and I ran across this:

Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

It's a graphic novel about a young Iranian girl coming of age during the revolution. She was old enough to start in a French school before the crackdown began, so she tries to figure out who she is right as others begin enforcing the religious laws.

Anyway, it's just wonderful. I ended up buying it and reading it last night (and the second volume, which is just as good).

There is supposed to be a movie out too, and it looks pretty wonderful. I think that's going to go on the old netflix queue

3 comments:

jayfish said...

yeah, the movie was up for an oscar last year...

though i still haven't read it yet

BrightStar (B*) said...

I haven't read the novel, but I thought the movie was intensely good.

Ianqui said...

The movie was great. You should see it.