Hello? hello? This thing on?
I've been a bit twitter-bound lately. It's kind of nice not being anonymous. Actually being able to say things about what I do and all. Anywhoo, I haven't completely abandoned this poor neglected blog. As a kind of half-assed proof, I give you a meme, which came from luckybuzz:
Bolded the things I've done.
1. Started my own blog - umm... yeah.
2. Slept under the stars - Camping happily and army unhappily
3. Played in a band - When I was very young I played the trumpet, that counts, right?
4. Visited Hawaii - lived there for 2 years even
5. Watched a meteor shower -
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world - and I'll go back, too
8. Climbed a mountain- wandering aimless in Switzerland
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo - A musical theatre... what a misspent childhood.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris - it's both better and worse that reported
13. Watched lightening at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - Oh, the Hungarian goulash that brought me low was truly evil...
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - And I even lived in NYC - Oh, the shame of it all
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - would I have seen it elsewhere?
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort - ours always got destroyed by Jayfish and the other neighbor kid. Grrr...
25. Held a lamb - we had one, but I never think I picked it up. What an odd question.
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon - twice!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse - well, I didn't look right at it...
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - or?
31. Hit a home run - on a video game - hey it didn't specify!
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language - what I know, I did with a whole lot o' help
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - Satisfaction don't come from money
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke - Yay karaoke!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance - blasted driver didn't see me on my bike. grrr...
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - I agree with Luckybuzz, these are very Franco-centric. Where are the questions about visiting Machu Pichu or the Great Barrier Reef?
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - I think I saw part of a movie from the side of the road where the car broke down, does that count?
55. Been in a movie - Yeah, Powder. I was barely even an extra.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class - hehe - Tai Kwan Do at a library when I was a kid
59. Visited Russia - right after the fall 'o the USSR - spooky.
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - certainly ate enough of them though
62. Gone whale watching - hooray for Hawaii!
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. - even got my gallon reward mug. I need to start that up again.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check - ugh I swear it was financial aid's fault!
68. Flown in a helicopter - thanks to the US taxpayer and the US Army
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - define speeding
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person -
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper - well, a newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - hehe - Jeff Goldbloom on the set of Powder! hehe
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant
Well now, that was fun, wasn't it? :O