Thursday, November 24, 2005

Dallas Cowboys vs the Quiz

Alright, there is a lyrics quiz tonight, but it's a bit odd, So I feel I should apologize first. The thing is we (Jayfish and I) tried to do a theme, but, well... It only kinda worked.

Anywhoo, Here y'all go. Enjoy!

1-
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing
’cause everyone listens when I start to sing
I’m so grateful and proud
All I want is to sing it out loud

2 -
Push the door, I'm home at last and I'm soaking through and through

3 -
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me

4 -
Of letters I destroyed, books that we enjoyed
Tonight the way things look, I need a book by Sigmund Freud
How brainy he was

5 -
I don't know how you keep on giving
For your kindness I'm in debt to you

6 -
Your table manners are some cryin' shame
You're playin' with your food, this ain't some kind of game

7 -
when the boy was a boy, the girl was a girl
they found each other in a wicked world

8 -
There’s only one girl that I will ever love
And that was so many years ago

9 -
So why were you holding her hand? Is that the way we stand?
Were you lying all the time? Was it just a game to you?

10 - Um... I warn you. This one is... umm... odd.
God sends his spaceships to America, the beautiful
They land at six o'clock and there we are, the dutiful
Eating from TV trays, tuned into to Happy Days
Waiting for World War III while Jesus slaves

5 comments:

zerodoll said...

#2 Dido- Thank you
#3 is killing me, tv theme?

Suzanne said...

Yay! A quiz!

5. Thank You by Natalie Merchant
7. Eat for Two by 10,000 Maniacs
9. Linger by The Cranberries
10. Lawyers in Love by Jackson Browne

luckybuzz said...

#3, Thank You for Being a Friend...rats, who is this?
#8, 2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad, Meatloaf (thanks) :)
#10 I sort of knew and it was driving me crazy...thanks suzanne!

Think I'm still in turkey-coma...

RussianViolets said...

Ooh, I know two:

# 3 -- The Golden Girls Theme Song (my grandma loved this show)

# 8 -- "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" by Meatloaf

allison said...

Okay, I kinda cheated because reading the other responses clued me in to the theme, but #1 is Thank You For the Music by Abba.