Monday, November 21, 2005

Vacation Grading?

Everyone I know seems to be getting papers this week.

We are all split on how to deal with this weekend. AlreadyPublishedCrossField says she’s not even going to look at them for the whole weekend and she wants me to do the same so she won’t feel bad about it. ExperiencedNewbie said she doesn’t want to grade, but that she’s going to bring a small stack. EscapeHatch is going to get all of hers graded before leaving. We’re all convinced she’s insane.

Me? I haven’t decided yet. Maybe I’ll play Punxsutawney Phil and see what they look like before I decide.

2 comments:

Overread said...

Ah, that's the key I think. It's hard sometimes to explain what exactly we do. Then again, sometimes it's hard for me to figure out what I'm doing...

Steph Youstra said...

My standard procedure (which goes for pretty much any weekend) is to haul the bag full of papers all over creation with me, and see how long I can go without actually even OPENING the bag. Which, of course, makes me wonder why I bring the papers with me in the first place, but I feel guilty leaving them at school.