Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wait a Minute Mr Postman

Well, joy.  I've found out that I do need my thesis committee chair's signature physically on a special piece o' paper (no faxing allowed) contrary to previous assumptions.  He's in...  Well, let's just say he's far away in a place where reliable mail service is a little less than the standard (it was suggested that I mail off three copies so that one might make it there).  The practical effect is that I'll need to have that thesis done about a week or two earlier than I had thought.  Poop.

On the plus side, just for kicks, I put all of my thesis files into one big one to see where I'm standing length wise, 'cause - hey, it beats actually writing, and it looks like, if things go well, I'll hit right around the length that I was aiming for.  It's a bit weird to see it all together though.  It's almost as if it's a single thing now.  Spooky.

On a topic-related note, a few of the amazon packages are arriving today.  What are the odds that I won't go home early and giddily rip open boxes?

No comments: