Monday, July 24, 2006

I Can Sneak You In In My Trunk

I think the class is starting to hit the wall.  Absentees are rising and sleepy eyes are drooping.  And that's just on my side of the podium - har har har.  Thank you, thank you.  I'll be here all week - make sure to tip the roast beef and try your waitresses.

Luckily, we're getting into some areas where there are some intriguing and useful audio-visual aides.  I just went to the library to pick up a video and discovered they've got a very very eclectic selection of films.  A very extensive and brand-new-looking Richard Pryor collection was the centerpiece in my opinion.  I think I need to spend more time over there.  I did end up checking out with more movies than strictly might be useful for this class - all in the interests of education, mind you.  So now I've got Netflix and a stack of library videos - VHS though, mainly.  That means I can only watch then in my office projected on the wall.  Good and bad.  Anyone want to pick up some beer and pizza and watch Rashomon with me?

That is, of course, after the grading is done. :(

No comments: