Saturday, July 15, 2006

Neck Bone Connected to the Quiz Bone

Double points for sheepish for getting what I thought was a sure ringer. Who could remember Haircut 100? Certainly not I, but I, as my ex-girlfriend once said, am no sheepish.

Slightly less than double points for Jayfish – Greg Kihn? Who is Greg Kihn?

No love for Missing Persons? I will admit that Bob Seger’s “Shakedown” does sound like it oughta be “Smuggler’s Blues” or Miami Vice or “Axel F” or something…

1
Why do you come here
When you know it makes things hard for me ?
When you know, oh
Why do you come ?
2
But if you see me walking by,
And the tears are in my eyes
3
Sometimes I feel
Like my only friend
Is the city I live in
The City of Angels
4
And I would be the one
To hold you down
Kiss you so hard
I’ll take your breath away
5
First I'm gonna make it
Then I'm gonna break it
Till it falls apart
Hating all the faking
6
I said, "This isn't Sha Na Na, come on Mom, I'm not Bowzer
Mom, please put back the bell-bottom Brady Bunch trousers”
7
It's not the way that you caress me
Toy with my affection
It's not my sense of emptiness
You fill with your desire
8
No more presidents
And all the
wars will end
One united world under god
9
A week without you
Thought I'd forget
Two weeks without you and I
Still haven't gotten over you yet
10
Boys come along a dime by the dozen
That ain't nothing but ten cent lovin'
Hey little thing let me light your candle

6 comments:

zerodoll said...

#1 Morrissey- is it Every Day is Like Sunday?

#2 Chicago, the cheesy years, with Look Away

jayfish said...

#3 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
#10 the Black Crows - Hard to Handle

grrr! i can name a bunch of artists but the titles are hard to get!!!!

Liz Miller said...

#9 is Vacation by the Go-Go's.

And didn't Aerosmith also do #10? And the Commitments?

Phantom Scribbler said...

#4 is Sarah MacLachlan, but can I remember the title? Noooooooo.

BrightStar (B*) said...

#4 - "Possession" by Sarah McLachlan

sheepish said...

#7 - Erasure - Sometimes (my fave Erasure, I'm slightly reluctant to admit)

Ummm, you're ex-gf says you're no sheepish, eh? You didn't date that freaky tambourine player from Kansas, did you? Just a hunch.