Monday, March 26, 2007

Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'am

First off, if you've ever seen a James Bond movie, or played that old Spy Hunter game, you know that oil slicks are a great way to get rid of cars that are following you. I also submit that it works quite well for bikes.

I'm a good bike rider. I've commuted by bike for about 7 years now, and well, everyone has their bad days, right? Anyway - here's the oil slick I hit:

80/365

I went into the curb and onto the ground and got some nice road rash for my trouble. Nobody else involved, nothing bad, but still a great way to put a damper on the day.

Also, my Nano died. I've been threatening to leave the iCult, so maybe this is my chance. My laptop in the pannier bag survived though, so that's good.

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

oh no! I'm sorry you fell, but I am very happy that your laptop survived. I dropped my laptop once (on the kitchen tile) and it did not survive, so I identify with the potential dress of laptop killing.

I assume that the photograph is evidence that you had your camera with you and it, too, survived?

Are you going to photograph the road rash, or is that too gross?