Sunday, April 20, 2008

Domo Arigato, Mr. Jury Robato

I really prefer dealing with automated systems when calling in to big faceless services. I know, I know, I'm probably the only person who has ever said that, but hear me out. They're open every day, 24 hours a day. They can handle almost everything you need to deal with. They free up humans to deal with uncommon situations, and hey, let's face it, the humans mostly aren't very reliable in their answers anyway.

So tonight I had to call in to the evil jury service robot to see if it required my presence this week. The robot politely told me that I was a problem and then hung up on me.

Soooooo, maybe it would have been better if I could have called a human.

4 comments:

Ianqui said...

It all depends on how many menus you have to navigate through. If it's more than 3 or 4, I'd rather talk to a human.

And believe me, I hate talking on the phone more than any of you.

jayfish said...

would it be better if a human said you were a problem then hung up on you?

Overread said...

Good point Jayfish. That would make for a better story, I guess.

zerodoll said...

i'm just jealous that you have a chance at jury duty. it's just not fair.