Friday, July 01, 2005

Link-O-Rama Jr.

First off, Stewgad reminded me that if I am talking historical photography, the Library of Congress site is the place to go - especially the Amercican Memory section. I completely agree. Maps and photos and history, oh my! Beware though, if you have any interest in this sort of thing, you will probably be dumping an entire afternoon combing through that place.


It’s kinda nice to see my tax money going to something that wonderful. Yea government! (I should explain that I make an attempt to think positively about the government whenever the opportunity arises. I do this to balance out the negativity that comes much more naturally and often.)

Next on the list of information you need to know (via Kottke): How to open a wine bottle when you don’t have a corkscrew!
My best wine without corkscrew story was when I was in a youth hostel in Paris. I got a bottle of wine and brought it back to share with some other folks at the hostel. I just assumed someone would have a corkscrew. The guy manning the front desk also didn’t seem to be that willing to help either, not that I’d blame him. I’m sure he hoped that we would give up and do get drunk elsewhere. Eventually, through the crafty use of a Swiss Army knife (not recommended), we pulverized the cork and all the little corklings settled into the wine. After sifting, it wasn’t too bad after all. Now that I have read this site, I feel better prepared to face the world!

Link the next:

I saw these retitled romance novels a long time ago, but was reminded (thanks again, Kottke) of them today. I have a friend who reads these things, and I think my sister used to (didn’t you?). I think the titles are much better now.

Ok, I’m off to prepare my photos for the viewing and critique today. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

mendi-la said...

i'm afraid i only read a few romances...they really do bore me.