Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane.

I'm nearly packed, and nearly ready to go. It's becoming a bit silly how tied to the electornics that I've become. I've got the cell phone (which I need on the trip to the airport, but I'll pop in the bag later 'cause it won't work in the Land Far Far Away), I've got the PDA, I've got the MP3 player, I've got a whole host of camera gear (still haven't decided if I want to bring the film body or not), then of course I've got the laptop and all it's attendant gear. It's really kind of pathetic. I don't doubt that I could go without, but I just don't want to. Is that like the 'I can stop any time I want to' thing? Perhaps...

I still have't gotten the travel jitters that I usually get for a long trip like this. I guess I haven't had time to think much about it all.

Cab in an hour or so, bus after that then a few hours at the airport then a double digit flight - oh joy.

The food better be good. :)

2 comments:

RussianViolets said...

You know, Overread, I want to just kiss you. I try to pack light, but with the hair dryer, curling iron, hot rollers, and all the miscellaneous technological gadgets that you mentioned, I can NEVER, ever do it. All the apparati have cords, docking stations, etc., and I end up walking around like the Hunchback of Notre Dame with all my trappings that must accompany me everywhere.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Have a good trip!