Thursday, September 29, 2005

/run

I forgot to bring my running gear to work today, so there’s no running for me. I was actually sad when I saw it wasn’t in my bag.

Had another meeting with my advisor. He seems to think things are moving along well, but now wants to see pages. Pages of my thesis.Writing. The sheer gall of it all.

Fun quote:

“I think I’m enrolled in x section. My class list says it meets [there] at [then]. Should I just go to that section then?”

I live in a world where this student was honestly looking for an answer to this question.

Half points for the New Kid on the Hallway who got Billy Joel, but not the title, which was “Scenes From an Italian Restaurant.”

Today’s Tune from the Overread randomizer:

I couldn't take it any longer, lord I was crazed.
And then the feeling came upon me like a tidal wave.
I started swearing to my god and on my mother's grave that I would love you to the end of time.
I swore I would love you to the end of time!

4 comments:

jayfish said...

yay! one i know right away.

meatloaf - paradise by the dashboard light
(i think that's the title...)

RussianViolets said...

Yep, that's Meatloaf. I love both Bat Out of Hell CDs, and your student could be one of my own lovely mini-Einsteins.

RussianViolets said...

Oh, and it is indeed "Paradise by the Dashboard Light." :-)

Overread said...

Hooray for the music game! That one was a bit too eaaaasy though... I need to be more crafty :)