Tuesday, November 29, 2005

You Can't Eat Soup With A Slotted Quiz.

Wow, I didn’t expect #1 to cause so much grief :) hehe. It was, of course, Bad Moon Rising by CCR.

You guys are too good!

Funny story – in basic training, there was a guy with the last name, ‘Moon.’ One drill sergeant loved that, and so he made the entire platoon sing Bad Moon Rising at some assembly. Sad, but also kinda funny.

Back at it – I also promise there will be more substantive blogging in the future, but it’s not happening right now. I’ve had requests for the ‘remote control vibrating panties’ story and the ‘how I got hit by a car on my bicycle’ story. I should also tell the ‘how I got an AK-47 pointed at my head in Moscow’ story, the ‘I got robbed in Napoli’ story and maybe the ‘168 mile bike ride’ story.

But there’s no time for that now. There is only time for:

THE QUIZ!

#1

Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted
I thought that you needed me more

#2

Girl of sixteen, whole life ahead of her
Slashed her wrists, bored with life
Didn’t succeed, thank the lord
For small mercies

#3

He was the baby of the class you know
He really didn’t know that one and one was two
Two and two were four

#4

there's a hole in the sky
where the sun don't shine
and clock on the wall
it counts my time

#5

Strummin’ my six-string
On my front porch swing

#6

I got my first real six-string
Bought it at the five-and-dime

#7

When I get lonely,
And I'm sure I've had enough
She sends her comfort,
Comin' in from above

#8

I don’t believe in Peter Pan
Frankenstein or Superman

#9

So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think

#10

Wearing her high-heel shoes
And her low-neck sweater

8 comments:

jayfish said...

#1 the Cure - Boys Don't Cry
#9 Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself

zerodoll said...

#6 Bryan Adams- Summer of '69 (when he was like, 3)
#10 The Beatles- Get Back

Phantom Scribbler said...

#2 Blasphemous Rumors -- Depeche Modecq

Phantom Scribbler said...

Uh, that would be Depeche Mode, not Depeche Modecq

knightjorge said...

#8 Bicycle Race - Queen

#2 is a good song, one of my favorites. I was very disappointed that they didn't perform that song at their concert. It was still an awesome concert though!

luckybuzz said...

#5, Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffett
#7, Radar Love...Golden Earring?

Think that's all I got that y'all don't got...(waking up is hard today)

Camera Obscura said...

(waking up is hard today)
luckybuzz, is that like Breaking Up is Hard to Do?

Zut, y'all beat me to all the ones I knew. For some reason I've had Radar Love stuck in my head for some time now... might be the 16 hours on the interstates last week.

We got tired of our CDs on the way home and started dial-surfing. It's amazing how many stations in "America's Heartland" are the current version of Classic Rock, which means 70s and 80s or 80s and 90s, depending, but always plays lots of Eagles and ZZ Top (what a combo). We heard a lot of stuff that has shown up here or will soon. Oh, and then there's the new format which goes by the name of Arch here in Nellyville but gets a generic first name elsewhere -- Ted, Alice, Bob (we're looking for Carol, of course) -- depending on what call letters they can grab.

Suzanne said...

# is by Erasure, right? But I can't think of the title.
#10: Get Back by the Beatles