Thursday, December 01, 2005

Playing With The Quiz of Hearts

Early quiz tonight, as I’ve got an early day tomorrow.

I’m happy to see that the tradition of Depeche Modecq lives on! Jayfish actually has a point about the Furs and Heaven – it’s a tough call :)

The misses though… Let’s see, we’ve got Hot Cha by They Might Be Giants at #10, and Mendi-la was getting close on #11. I mean, come on, everyone knows that Madonna likes the Hanky Panky, right? Hanky Panky… You know, from the Dick Tracy Movie? Hehe…

Newness!

#1 –

My Munequita, my Spanish Harlem Mona Lisa

#2 –

We went searching through thrift store jungles
Found Geronimo's rifle, Marilyn's shampoo
And Benny Goodman's corset and pen

#3 –

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too

#4 –

Suck it in suck it in suck it in
If you're Rin Tin Tin or Anne Boleyn

#5 – We haven’t done this one before, have we?

I never saw no miracle of science
That didn't go from a blessing to a curse
I never saw no military solution
That didn't always end up as something worse

#6 –

I'm your hell, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way

#7 –

Have I been blind?
Have I been lost inside myself and my own mind?
Hypnotized, mesmerized, by what my eyes have seen?

#8 –

Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus

#9 –

My hands are tied
My body bruised, she's got me with
Nothing to win and
Nothing left to lose

#10 – There is one of the best misheard lyrics for me on this one. I could have sworn that there is a point in the song where they sing, “She’s so popular.” It’s actually the title of the song in French. Oh, the embarrassment.

Andre has a red flag, Chiang Ching's is blue
They all have hills to fly them on except for Lin Tai Yu

11 comments:

jayfish said...

booyah!

#3 Friday I'm in Love - the Cure
#9 With or Without You - U2

(dude, you totally gave away #10, but i won't tell!)

zerodoll said...

#6 Bitch - Meredith Brooks
#8 What if God was One of Us? - theme from Joan of Arcadia (blush blush), but who was the singer?

#10 Are you saying the words aren't "She's so popular"!?! Non!

Camera Obscura said...

#1 - "Smooth", Rob Thomas w/ Santana (or vice-versa)

#2 - "If It Makes You Happy", Sheryl Crow, who used to teach my kids music before she dumped her fiance' and moved to L.A.

Suzanne said...

#5 (I think we did this one, but a different snippet) is If I Ever Lose My Faith in You by Sting

#7 is Carnival by Natalie Merchant

#10 is Games without Frontiers by Peter Gabriel (hey, I don't mind picking off the low apple).

mendi-la said...

i got here late again - sigh - #8 was popularized by Joan Osborne. It was written by the lead singer guy from The Hooters (remember them?! - And They Danced!) although i don't know his name without looking it up -btw he also wrote a song made popular by Cindy Lauper, Time After Time. :)

jayfish said...

look at mendi-la pulling out all sorts of musical knowledge! good thing she's always late to the party :)

allison said...

I find it incredibly comforting to know that someone else has been singing "She's so popular" all this time.

Overread said...

Well, yeah - I never did figure out how she being popular had anything to do with the song, but sheesh, when was the last time lyrics made sense?

hehe

jayfish said...

i think the big problem was that we weren't expecting the french. it'll always be "she's so popular" to me and that's what i'll sing at the top of my lungs!

jayfish said...

okay okay... i'll take #4

the Blues Travelers - Hook

New Kid on the Hallway said...

At least your hearing of #10 makes sense - I always thought it was "She's so funky-eh"!