Thursday, March 30, 2006

The DTs

I’m not dead yet!
I’ve been on a several day bender.  I’m a wild guy, ya know.  I apologize for not at least posting a ‘gone fishing’ sign.  
I’ve been doing all sorts of wild and crazy things like getting a full night’s sleep and eating and watching movies. 
I got on the Netflix trial plan and so far it’s pretty fun.  I finally watched Good Night and Good Luck, which was quite good, but I may have over-hyped it in my mind.   I’ve also watched some good guilty-pleasure flicks like the Clone War cartoon series and Sahara.  Tonight is Breakfast at Tiffany’s – I know, I know, I’ve never seen it, ok?  The shame of it all!
Important lessons learned:
-          Eating an obscene amount of black licorice while grading monster essay exams will lead to monster intestinal distress.  I’m not sure if it was the quality of the exams or the quantity of licorice that did it though.
-          Loss of water weight from intestinal distress is a great way to lose weight.
-          I am still very subject to addiction to video games.
Digression:
My brother and I were very early adopters of computer game joy.  It all started with pong.  We actually had a pong console.  How cool is that?  The early real danger was from the Atari 2600.  Ah, Adventure, what a wonderful game.  I never did get good about catching the bombs in my water buckets though.  Later we moved in the land of C64 games.  I have wonderful memories of spending long long cold hours in the freezing room which had the computer.  We would both be wrapped in piles of blankets with a space heater at our feet.  One of us would be the designated map-maker while the other would direct the combat of our merry band of characters.  He did the best maps – we went through pads of graph paper.  Also required for our adventures were massive cups of heavily sugared tea and unending bags or tortilla chips with gallons of salsa.  It’s a pity we didn’t have Costco back then. 
In any case, my reward for hitting my weight loss goal was to buy a video game.  It’s good.  I’ve lost many hours of usefulness already.  I better bore of it before class starts up again next week or else I’m in a lot of trouble.

5 comments:

jayfish said...

ahhh kaboom! i knew it well. so, so well.

good to know you're still kicking.

zerodoll said...

good to know you haven't abandoned us...

wha!? no breakfast at tiffany's? you gotta see it, if only for "Cat" and a completely embarassing, cringe-inducing Mickey Rooney playing a Japanese neighbor.

Jennifer said...

What game did you buy? I'm prone to video game addiction as well. I'm really looking forward to a game coming out in May--luckily it will be summer by then and I'll have time to spare!!

Overread said...

This one

dangerous tine sink it is too... :)

mendi-la said...

i LOVED kaboom!