Monday, April 17, 2006

If It Were A Quiz, It Would've Bit You

Wow, I'm not even sure I remember how to do this :)

Thanks to Zerodoll (although I was really hoping she would drunk blog too) and Jayfish for kicking me in the tush and making me start this up again :)

1.
Lotta places I've been, lotta names, lotta words
No one compares to my real gone girl
Lighten up baby, I'm in love with you

2.
I call you on the telephone my
voice too rough with cigarettes.
I sometimes feel I should just go home
but I'm dealing with a memory that never forgets

3.
I felt a rush like a rolling bolt of thunder
Spinnin' my head around and taking my body under.

4.
You talk, talk, you talk to me
Your eyes touch me physically
Stay with me, we'll take the night
As passion takes another bite

5.
How many times must I tell you babe,
How many bridges I’ve got to cross?
How many times must I explain myself
Before I can talk to the boss,

6.
Fly me high through the starry skies
Maybe to an astral plane
Cross the highways of fantasy
Help me to forget todays pain

7.
Know it sounds funny
But I just can't stand the pain
Girl I'm leaving you tomorrow
Seems to me girl
You know I've done all I can

8.
Oh my love you’re so good
Treating me so cruel
There you go with your fancy lies
Leavin’ me lookin’ like a dumbstruck fool

9.
He’s tearin’ you apart
Every day, every day
He’s tearin’ you apart
Oh girl what can you say?

10.
Listen to the wind blow
Watch the sun rise
Run in the shadows
Damn your love
Damn your lies

11 comments:

zerodoll said...

Welcome Back, Quiz!

Robert Plant- Tall Cool One (yum!)
Lionel Ritchie- Easy

jayfish said...

#9 - journey, lovin' touchin' squeezin'

jayfish said...

yay for the quiz! i completely forgot how to do this...

zerodoll said...

Oops- so out of practice! That would be:
#1 Tall Cool One
#7 Easy

sheepish said...

Damn, man. You don't mess around. I can't do a friggin' one.

mendi-la said...

well, i knew easy and lovin, touchin squeezin - #10 is by fleetwood mac i think but i don't know the name

luckybuzz said...

oh my gosh--a quiz! Hi, quiz!

#2--"you better you bet," the Who
#10...I can't remember the name of the Fleetwood Mac song either...

I am (we are) so out of practice!

Anonymous said...

#3 - December 1963 (Oh What a Night), The Four Seasons

#5 Forever Man - Eric Clapton

#8 - Jive Talkin' - The Bee Gees

#10 - The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

Anonymous said...

Oh, and #6 is Dream Weaver by Gary Somebody. Is that worth half a point?

Liz Miller said...

The line after the one you have on You Better You Bet is: I love to hear you say my name/especially when you say 'yes'

Camera Obscura said...

#4 - The Warrior, Scandal (bang, bang!)