5 Items in my Fridge: (it's a huge embarrassment, but I couldn't tell you what's in there. I'm never at the apartment enough to know. I only vaguely remember cooking, many many moons ago)
5 Items in my Closet:
- Much that needs laundering
- A couple of pairs of old beat up running shoes that I've never gotten around to tossing out.
- An insane number of socks. I firmly believe that there is little better than a really good pair of cushion-y hiking or running socks. Oh, yeah. I don't have a chest of drawers, so the socks go in the closet. Nice eh?
- small cobweb at the top corner
- a shelf-piece from an old computer desk that I don't have enough room for in my room. Do I have room for it in my closet? well, no. Not really.
5 Items in my Car: (Well, crap. Maybe this meme just looked cool, but I don't fit it. See, I don't have a car. So... How about things on my wall in the office!)
- Big calendar from the campus student group (major circled day was thesis turn in day. Next circled day is due date for grade turn in)
- Bunches of pictures of my two beau-ti-ful nieces.
- Postcards - 1 from Profgrrrrl, several from Jayfish & Zerodoll and a couple other random ones
- A thank you note from a student from last class. I know - I was shocked too.
- a cartoon printed from Phdcomics.com (this one)
- Waaaaay too many books.
- Laptop (in padded compartment) with various cables and such
- Pens and highlighters beyond number
- Hand sanitizer
- point-n-shoot camera
- Nike triax dongle (to download my runs to the computer)
- wicker basket that is supposed to be full of nutritious fruit goodness, but has been suspiciously empty of late.
- Kleenex for crying students and allergy-ridden TAs
- A stack of several things that need to be translated with a quickness
- Giant teddy bear (free gift with purchase of $100 or more at the campus bookstore) wearing my mortarboard. He's actually on the filing cabinet, but I couldn't leave him out. Him? Maybe it's a her?