Wednesday, August 02, 2006

One More Thing

The students got hammered with a very expensive textbook (my fault, I know, but its a good book they can use for two classes) and an expensive reading packet.  So for the next class I'm going to take a huge leap of faith and have the library put the readings online.  I bring them the books and they scan in the sections I ask for, lickity split (or so they say).  I've warned the students that they are still required to not only read the frickin' readings, but also bring copies to discussions

Am I delusional in thinking that they will do this?  Probably.
Am I doing this to save the students money?  Partially.  It's cheaper for them to print the copies out, even if they pay to print per page.
Am I doing this so I can put off arranging some of the readings for the last couple of weeks?  Partially, but I'm ok with that.

I fear that I am becoming overly enamored of italics.  Is this dangerous? 
Does running too much cause rambling?
Does teaching summer classes cause jello-ification of the brain?

For the answers, tune in for the next episode, same bat-time, same bat-channel.

No comments: