Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holiday Meme!

From Jayfish, Zerodoll, etc...

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Nog is nice, but Chocolate is the best. My only trouble is that I can't drink hot drinks unless the weather is actually cold. I'm a human furnace.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Are you kidding? Santa? Feh! I'm sure it's the elves that do all the real work.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Many colors, I think. Different kinds of lights too. I like the little bubbling ones.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nah, I'm not too big on parasitic harassment inducers :)

5. When do you put your decorations up? I put up my decorations, oh... never. Maybe when I have a real place of my own?

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? White trash moment here. I love the canned cranberry sauce. Ya know, the kind that keeps the shape of the can - hehe.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The anitipation. Always the anticipation.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm with Zerodoll - I honestly don't know. I've always been a cynical guy, but I also am easily deluded. I can't remember. Maybe I blocked the memory?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to do a little of both.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Don't have one :(

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? LOVE IT. It may be a function of living in snowless places for awhile, but snow is the best! Building forts, snowmen, caterpillars (for those to lazy to pick up the snowman pieces), it's just the bestest.

12. Can you ice skate? Never tried really.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Geek moment. Mom got my brother and me the Vic20 with a drawing pad. Soooo cool. We loved it so much we promised we would only use it for school - hehehe liars!

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Getting together with family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? All of it?

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? hmm... we don't really have any set traditions... maybe we need to start some...

17. What tops your tree? A better tree? Hmmm I can't remember right now... Angel start-thingie?

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? You need 'em both, now dontcha?

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I like some of the old crooners doing the classics

20. Candy canes? Striped. What? Was this the free-association question?

21. Favorite Christmas movie? Honestly, all the old ones are ok - Rudolph, Wonderful Life, etc... I'm not sure I really would go out of my way to watch any of them. They're just all on, you know? so I watch some... Oh, I'd be remiss not to mention A Christmas Story. Because, you, know, he's going to shoot his eye out.

Edited to fix Zerodoll's link

2 comments:

zerodoll said...

i'd never heard of caterpillars before!

jayfish said...

dude, elves don't exist...