Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Campus Poetess

Campus is a wonderful thing. I was running a bit late today, so I rushed in and I didn’t have time to listen to the poetess who was reading her(?) verse through a bullhorn in front of the bookstore. I really wish I had. I only caught a few phrases. She had a skeptical looking dozen or so milling about at a respectful distance, but I imagine that most people, like myself, at least slowed down a little bit as they rushed on to whatever meeting or class they had. Perhaps a bullhorn is not the best choice for clarity. Maybe that was an artistic choice. In any case, it sounded heartfelt and playful. The world would be well-served by more heartfelt and playful poets reading their verses with bullhorns. Well, maybe bullhorns are being replaced with blogs.

The world would also be well-served if more people wore hats. Real hats, not that baseball cap nonsense.

No comments: