Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Bureaucra-huh?

Jeeeez.


So part of the last minute aspect of the possible travel is that I have to get a full health check-up (traveling abroad, yadda-yadda).

  • Ok, that’s fine, I get those almost every time I go anywhere interesting, so I’m not fretting.
  • Oh yeah, we need it now.
  • Well, I’ll get the next appointment available.
  • No, we need it now.
  • Well, I can’t really kidnap a doctor and force a check-up, and I’m not really so good at the medical stuff myself so…
  • Ok, well, then all you need is a basic check-up, but make sure you get an HIV test.
  • That doesn’t really change the fact that I can only get the earliest appointment available.
  • Ok, all we need is an HIV test, but we need the results by Thursday.
  • Um… The quickest appointment I can get is for Thursday. They couldn’t say how quickly the results would be back.


I’m waiting for the response on this one. I obvioulsy didn't get the memo that this was something that could be negotiated. It’ll probably get downgraded to only needing a note from my mom that says I don’t have leprosy.

Ok – Man on the move. A quick run (brought my gear today), then off to lunch which will end up being linner (lunch/dinner). Then, as a favor to a friend, I’m taking part in some kind of post-doc experiment on Geography and mapping which actually sounds kind of cool. Then I get to dive back into the COD work. Somewhere I need to build a photography log for the photography class and write down my reactions to the stuff we’ve seen.

Woohoo!! At least I took my vitamins today :)

PS – In being energetic, it helps to have ‘Hand Jive’ from Grease playing on the iTunes.

PPS – Fear not for my eating habits, I’m well stocked with apples and other various munchies. I could outlast a SWAT team in my little office-bunker.

2 comments:

jayfish said...

"I could outlast a SWAT team in my little office-bunker."

well, now the FBI is reading your blog, grats.

Overread said...

Oh, jeeze. Did I say bunker? I meant....ummm... tucker? like tucker drom down under? I've umm... got a shrimp on the barbie, maybe?