Friday, June 10, 2005

To Doobie Doobie Do List

Well, there’s one more thing to cross off the to-do list. I finished the paper that was due today. I’m going to ignore it for an hour or so and then do one more speed-proofread before emailing it in. It’s not as good as it should be, but it’s done, and the prof said specifically that he wasn’t looking for art, just a simple response from one of the seminar topics, so that’s what I’ve written. There is a value to being finished with that.

Now all I’ve got are the papers to grade. I’m tempted to just leave those till tomorrow. Next on the hit parade is for the couple of days that I have between the grades-due date and the start of my summer session of doom is to review for the class of doom. Like I said before, I’ve studied the subject, but it’s been awhile, and I have no doubt that I’m going to be well behind the game when the class starts up. I think I’ve still got some notes and paperwork from when I last studied this junk, but I’m sure that’s not going to be enough.

Actually, tomorrow night there is another end-of-class party given by a high muckity-muck that I like quite a bit. I’ve been to three of these department-ish parties in the past week or so. Gotta love the free food! For all of you higher up on the totem pole, make sure you keep your grad students fed. It gets embarrassing when we start passing out in the hallways. And it’s amazing what a grad student will do for a simple veggie platter (Get your minds out of the gutter).

No run today, because I’m a lazy piece of crap. No real new news there for those who know me, but probably not a shocker to those who don’t either. Maybe I’ll try to make it up tomorrow, and maybe not.

No comments: