Sunday, February 05, 2006

Grading

I know I say this every time I grade papers, but it seems absolutely impossible that these students have ever taken an English Comp class. Either that or everyone is stoned out of their freaking gourds when they're writing these things.

Thesis:
Throughout the history of the world, people have always been like this. A is like B but also like C. (the most common and hated thesis)
Body:
According to text Z, A was a really wild guy. He did M, N, and O. (completely unrelated to so-called thesis)
Conclusion:
A is like B but also like C. This impacts my life because I got drunk last week and the guy who held my hair while I puked had a beard and so did A.

***Sorry for writing so short a paper! My computer is dying and the printer at school didn't work and my roommate has the bird flu and I think I may be going to Mexico***

Also: I'm sick so I won't be going to class, can you tell me what we will talk about?

Thanks! :) :)!!

3 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Hey, I had this student last semester! (and the semester before that, and the one before that...) :)

BrightStar (B*) said...

do they really write the notes at the end, or is that just in email?

Overread said...

I had one last class who did write a similar note at the end of its paper. sigh...