Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Well-Lighted Place to Grade

It's become nearly impossible to get a space at any of the cafe/coffeeshops around where I live anymore. The big bookstore one is crowded with well, paying customers - the nerve of them all. The funky cafe with free wireless is always jam packed unless you get there at 8am. Oh, and no one ever leaves, either. I think they've installed feeding tubes. There's a Starbucks, but it's usually a tight squeeze too, but they have done a very cool thing. They put in computer tables. They're six to a table with a power-strip in the center. Very nice. Even better is that my wonderful sister gave me a Starkbucks gift card, so my frapaccino is free-to-me! (don't worry - it's a light frapaccino hehe)

So, all that said, I've got about 30 papers to grade and yesterday I got a stack of 45-ish blue-book exams on top of that. Nice timing, eh? So it makes perfect sense that I'm blogging instead of grading, right? Oh, maybe not so right. Ah, well, if I'm not back in a day, call the EMTs.

No comments: