Friday, May 19, 2006

Flash!

You know what'll wake you up quick-like?  How about getting up, getting dressed, showering, getting ready to TA your 8am section, and then picking up your watch that tells you it's 7:56am? 
I ran out the door and hopped on my bike.  The ride takes 15-20 minutes usually.  I was going to make record time. 
As I rode, I cursed and wailed about my taking too long in the shower heating my shoulder (still hurts! grrr).  Didn't I have plenty of time when I woke up? What would I say to the students waiting for me?  Surely some will have left already.  What should I do about this week's content?  I built a quiz for today, what do I do with that?

I made it to class in about ten minutes - Jogged up the stairs two at a time(third floor, natch).  No time to go to the office and print out my lesson plan, I'll just have to wing it.  Sweat pouring down my face, I swing open the door...

to silence.  darkness.  nothing. 

My watch was an hour fast.  I don't know why.  I don't know how.  It just was.  Anyway, I was 100%+  awake by then and had a nice 50 minutes to refine my lesson and come up with a good excuse for not having their papers graded yet. 

1 comment:

jayfish said...

haha! funny.