Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Rabbi, A Priest and a Quiz Walk Into A Bar...


Should we all be happy that the one song that wasn't guessed last week was Could've Been by Tiffany? Probably so... I can't believe no one made any snarky comments about my 'Good girls don't quiz on the first date' title. I was so proud of myself for that one. Maybe I have to be more lewd :)

1.
Runnin' out of self-control
Gettin' close to an overload
Up against a no win situation
Shoulder to shoulder, push and shove

2.
At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet
and a freight train running through the
middle of my head
Only you can cool my desire

3.
Get a shoe thrown at me from a mean old man
Get my dinner from a garbage can

4.
There's a song on the air
with a love-you line
and a face in a glass
and it looks like mine

5.
Come on and dance, come on and dance
We may not get another chance
You know the night is fallin'
And the music's callin'

6.
I don't know why nobody told you
how to unfold you love
I don't know how someone controlled you
they bought and sold you

7.
We are stardust, we are golden,
we caught in the devil's bargain,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

8.
I don't wanna be your mother
I don't wanna be your sister either
I just wanna be your lover

9.
Hey pretty baby with the high heels on
You give me fever like I've never ever known

10.
Don't know what colour your eyes are, baby
But your hair is long and brown
Your legs are strong, and you're so, so long
And you don't come from this town

4 comments:

jayfish said...

#2 I'm On Fire - Bruce Springsteen
#3 Stray Cat Strut - Stray Cats

zerodoll said...

#5 Swingtown- Steve Miller Band
#10 So Alive- Love and Rockets

Suzanne said...

#6 While My Guitar Gently Weeps by the Beatles

Phantom Scribbler said...

#7 is Woodstock -- Joni Mitchell.