Monday, February 18, 2008

Quizzing Like it’s Much Earlier Than 1999

So, now, in honor of this Day of Presidents, I present to you, a quiz. Of lyrics!

1.
There's things that you guess
And things that you know
There's boys you can trust
And girls that you don't
2.
Spirits soar when I'm by her side
She put a little love in this heart of mine
Maybe I'm lucky, maybe I'm freed
Maybe this woman's just all I need
3.
She's right here behind the glass
and you're gonna like her,
'cause she's got class.
4.
Although I want you bad I could let you go
'Cause there's a lot of girls out there that won't say no
But due to fact that I want you, Jackie
I want you more than human eyes can see
5.
Now who's this Don Juan I've been hearing of
Love hurts when only one's in love
Did ya fall first sight
Or did you need a shove?
6.
With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue
Dissolve the nerves that have just begun
Listening to Marvin all night long
This is the sound of my soul
7.
I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings
But some of us don't know why
8.
When you see her, say a prayer and kiss your heart goodbye
She's trouble, in a word get closer to the fire
Run faster, her laughter burns you up inside
You're spinning round and round
You can't get up, you try but you can't
9.
Crying on the corner, waiting in the rain
I swear I'll never, ever wait again
You gave me your word, but words for you are lies
10.
Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating, do you understand?
Do you feel the same, am I only dreaming?

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

#3 She's a Beauty by the Tubes

#5 Don't Talk to Strangers by Rick Springfield

#6 True by Spandau Ballet

#7 Never Tear Us Apart by INXS

zerodoll said...

#1 I want your sex by George Michael.

Thanks for a quiz for those of us that do not get the day off! :)

jayfish said...

#9 motels - harden my heart?
#10 bangles - eternal flame

(thanks zdoll for the heads up!)

jayfish said...

wait...
#9 isn't it by pat benetar?

BrightStar (B*) said...

Crud. I knew #7 and #10.

Anonymous said...

10. bangles, eternal flame.

Anonymous said...

oops, too late.

Liz Miller said...

I'm here too late too.

Now I've got Rick Springfield stuck in my head.

Gary said...

"Harden My Heart" is by Quarterflash.

4. "Don't Be Cruel" - Bobby Brown