Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Aw, Damp It!

So, I live a few miles from campus and commute by bike - no big deal. Today, my afternoon stuff was all canceled, so I planned to head home-ish at noon and camp out at the cafe to finish off the grading in one swell foop (Best laid plans and all). So I bike all the way home-ish and start to take everything out of my bag to set up my little workspace. Well, poop. I left my laptop in my office. It starts to rain. Do I bike back to campus and pick up the computer and immediatly head back and start over again? Do I say forget it all and go caveman for the evening and cope without a computer? Do I curl up in a fetal ball and cry?

I'm damp.

I'm at the cafe.

I'm online.

3 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Oh--I was totally going to guess crying-ball. Guess that's why other people get things done, and me, not so much.

Overread said...

Well, I never did say that I didn't curl up in a fetal ball and cry...

Phantom Scribbler said...

Laughing. I'm glad you didn't go all caveman on us!