Sunday, November 06, 2005

Quiz Like a Brick... Hoooouuuse

Well, it was a nasty section of the song, but #10 was John Denver’s Rocky Mountain High!

Hehe – I feel devious. :)

I’m warmed to see that Wildfire moved so many people as kids. I’ve got a soft spot for that song myself.

#1

He gets high on you,
And the space he invades
He gets by on you.

#2
How does it feel
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown

#3
I can’t stand to fly
I’m not that naive
Men weren’t meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

#4
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

#5
The ocean is a desert with its life underground
And a perfect disguise above

#6
You crave attention, you can never say "no"
Throw your affections any way the wind blows
You always make it, you're on top of the scene
You sell the copy like the cover of a magazine

#7
Get a shoe thrown at me from a mean old man
Get my dinner from a garbage can

#8
You love her
But she loves him
And he loves somebody else
You just can't win

#9
I know your eyes in the morning sun
I feel you touch me in the pouring rain
And the moment that you wander far from me
I wanna feel you in my arms again

#10
Time keeps on slippin’, slippin’, slippin’
Into the future

#11
My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
Big game's waiting there inside her tights

Bonus!
I feel charming,
Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!



11/7 - Edited to repair damaged grammar. Thanks to Camera Obscura!

16 comments:

jayfish said...

i'll try these two...

#6 Everybody Wants You - Billy Squire
#8 Love Stinks - J. Geils Band

zerodoll said...

#1 Rush- Tom Sawyer
#2 Bob Dylan- Like a Rollin' Stone
#10 Steve Miller Band- Fly Like an Eagle
Bonus- I Feel Pretty by??? (*I* feel lame... I only know this song b/c of Dirty Dancing)

knightjorge said...

#4 Money for Nothing - Dire Straits

Suzanne said...

#5 Horse with No Name by America
#7 Stray Cat Strut (?) by the Stray Cats
#8 Love Stinks by the J Geils Band

luckybuzz said...

Okay, I feel all right because I knew a bunch of these, but since I don't have anything witty to say about them, and I'm late, I'll leave it at that. And is the bonus from West Side Story?

Oooh ooh! I just got #9--"How deep is your love." Is it Andy Gibb or the BeeGees? BeeGees, right?

mendi-la said...

#3 - i love this song but it is so new i'm not sure i've got it right - is it superman by ben folds five? i got here so late but i knew most of them!

Overread said...

Oh, luckybuzz - you were my main hope for getting #11! Oh no! :)

Camera Obscura said...

Bonus extra info -- Yes, "West Side Story". Sondheim and Bernstein. Sung by the Maria character.

Super-double bonus prizes if you name the voice-over actress that dubbed Natalie Wood in the movie.

Points off for Overread for putting an apostrophe in a posessive pronoun in #5.

Overread said...

Ack! I would sooo count off if my students did this. My only defense is that I was only doing a cut 'n paste job. So basically my defense is that I plagairized. Somehow I don't think that makes things better.

hehe

BrightStar (B*) said...

#3 - five for fighting... what is the name?!?!

Did camera obscura already get credit for the bonus? I feel pretty, oh so pretty... :)

luckybuzz said...

#11 is actually driving me crazy--I'm positive that I know it but it just ain't happening. :( I'll make it up another time, I swear!

Overread said...

B* - Well, Camera Obscura definitely gets points, but didn't specifically mention the title :) Zerodoll got the title first, but I'm inclined to not count it because it came from Dirty Dancing, and that's just sad. hehee

Oh, you know it - and it's going to make you cry when you realize what it is.

Bwahaha!

luckybuzz said...

Crap. I just googled it.

While it's true that I should have known it, it's come to my attention a few times lately that I need to go back and pay more attention to, um, that, because I just never developed the appreciation I should have.

For some reason, I'm wildly embarrassed by that. Sigh. A flaw.

Overread said...

hehe - I'm just teasin' To be honest, I never paid any attention to, um, that until very recently.

Camera Obscura said...

I didn't give the name to the bonus b/c somebody beat me to it. Not much point in repeating others. I must admit I've only seen Dirty Dancing piecemeal lately, and that song being in that movie didn't even register.

I wouldn't go all grammar police on most folks, but it is your line of work, O.

Overread said...

True, true... Perhaps all the grading I've been doing is having an effect on me. Maybe it's contagious. Perhaps that should read, 'Maybe its contagious.'