Friday, November 11, 2005

Patty Cake

I try to not do too much news commentary. There are others that do it much better than I, but this one is too good.

Pat Robertson is at it again. I'm sure most of you have seen this before, but for those of you who haven't here's the CNN.com page.

The gist of it is that a city didn't reelect their school board folks who voted to support intelligent Design in the classroom. Seems pretty intelligent to me, but everyone's entitled to their opinions. Here's some of what Mr. Robertson said (italics are mine):
I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city

And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there
I'm a long sight from being a biblical scholar, but I thought part of the idea was to welcome everyone in spite of their transgressions. Love the sinner; hate the sin - that kind of thing. It seems that Mr. Robertson's god has given up that wishy-washy waffling stuff. Saying specifically to not turn to god, and implying that god is going to hold a grudge is particularly interesting.

The thing is that I'm a big fan of Christianity in almost all its guises, and I think it might be time to kick this guy out of the club. That is, of course, assuming anyone still counts him as in it.

Ok. Now I'm going back to work. Really.

No comments: