Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Is That a Quiz in Your Pants, or Are You Just Happy to See Me?

Ugh. Papers done. Brain mushed. Grades were surprisingly good though – that’s nice.

Now I may actually get a chance to do a little bit of my own work – ha! Fat chance.

Well, the least I can do is give you good people a little lyric quiz, right?

Yesterdays results:

#2 was Kiss from a Rose, and it’s by Seal

#5 Oh! What a feeling, Lionel Ritchie is Dancing on the Ceiling!

Oh, and just to make sure we’re clear on this – There is no other version of the Rainbow Connection. There is only Kermit’s. :)

Now, on to the juicy stuff (and not the kind that’s printed on running shorts)

#1 – one of the best songs ever, as far as I’m concerned

Every now and then the things I lean on lose their meaning,
And I find myself careening
Into places where I should not let me go.

#2 –

She keeps Moet et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette

#3 –

But I should've been gone
Long ago, far away
And you should've been gone
Now I know you'd lie
You'll stay

#4 –

Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?
The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine

#5 –

You see the world through your cynical eyes
You’re a troubled young man I can tell
You’ve got it all in the palm of your hand
But your hand’s wet with sweat and your head needs a rest

#6 –

My baby, she’s alright,
My baby, she’s clean out-of-sight.

#7 – contender for the strangest lyrics award

Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again

#8 –

When I'm out walkin'
I strut my stuff man,
I'm so strung out

#9 –

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

#10 –

Tonight with words unspoken
You say that I'm the only one
But will my heart be broken
When the night meets the morning's sun

#11 –

Keeping my eyes open
I cannot afford to sleep
Giving away promises
I know that I can’t keep

Bonus!

Work your cares away,
Dancing's for another day.

10 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Hey! How'd I get here first? Well, I'm going to squander my here-first advantage by being too tired to get full answers for anything.

#2, couldn't think of it and googled. So annoyed now. How did I not get this? I should go back to bed.
#4, Desperado (the Eagles?)
#6, Some Kind of Wonderful (????)
#7, Macarthur Park (rats, I can never remember this)
#8, Blister in the Sun (Violent Femmes)
#9, Carry on (my wayward son?)--Kansas

Gah.

BrightStar (B*) said...

#11 - Melissa Etheridge - Come to my Window

Suzanne said...

#2 is Killer Queen by Queen.

I know #3, I do, I do. But not to the extent that I can remember the title or artist. I will be kicking myself when someone gets it.

New Kid on the Hallway said...

Oh damn, I KNOW I know #11, but it's not coming to me... Is it something by Sarah McLachlan? (which doesn't really fit with the rest...) and #5 is by Styx, right?

Sheesh...get here early enough to have a crack at something and that's all I can come up with!! (Although I knew nos. 2, 4, and 8, too!)

New Kid on the Hallway said...

Ooh, wait, "Angry Young Man" by Styx? (Which I will be singing for the rest of the day now...)

zerodoll said...

bonus- Fraggle Rock Theme!!!

zerodoll said...

bonus- Fraggle Rock Theme!!!

mendi-la said...

#3 is Oh Sherry by Steve Perry -
at least i got one

Suzanne said...

Aarghh! Of COURSE that's #3. I knew I knew it.

Liz Miller said...

#1 is James Taylor: Carolina in My Mind