Friday, December 23, 2005

God Quiz Us, Every One

Welcome to your special edition quiz!

I'm afraid these might be a bit too easy, so forgive me for choosing some odd cuts. For the artist, write in the best, in your humble or not so humble opinion. :)

#1 One of my very favorite-est
I ought to say no, no, no, sir
At least I'm gonna say that I tried
#2
Well I don't know if there'll be snow
But have a cup of cheer
#3
Bring me flesh and bring me wine
Bring me pine logs hither
Thou and I will see him dine
#4
To save us all from Satan's power
When we were gone astray
#5
At Christmastime, we let in light and we banish shade
And in our world of plenty we can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world at Christmastime
#6
Think of all the fun I've missed,
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed
#7
And every mother's child is going to spy,
To see if reindeer really know how to fly.
#8
The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bying,
But as long as you love me so...
#9
Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
#10
Some people think that Ebeneezer Scrooge is,
Well, he’s not, but guess who is: all three Stooges.

7 comments:

zerodoll said...

#3 Good King Wencelas- my favorite favorite favorite Christmas song. No idea on a singer though.

Mon said...

Ok, I know I'm missing some I know but here we go. The orginal artist on these are tough--these are definitely my favorite artists

#4 God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen--hmmm Mariah Carey is the only famous singer I've heard on this one

#7 The Christmas Song--Nat King Cole

#9 Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas--my FAVORITE Christmas song ever as sung by Judy Garland in Meet Me In St. Louis

And of course #10 The Hannukah Song--Adam Sandler

Happy Holidays to you!!

jayfish said...

#2 Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives
#8 Let it Snow - the Rockette singers

ho! ho! ho!

Suzanne said...

#5 Do They Know It's Christmas by Band-Aid

#6 Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt (I also like Madonna's version)

mendi-la said...

thank you overread for your xmas quiz - wish i'd gotten here earlier and that i knew your favorite-est
:)

Camera Obscura said...

#1 -- "Baby, It's Cold Outside"

Sorry I'm late -- kids home since Thurs. afternoon and I haven't been able to beat them off the computer.

Camera Obscura said...

Oh. Golly, there are some greats -- Robert Palmer w/ one of the Carney girls... Dean Martin w/ some unknown backup singers... Bing Crosby w/ one of the Lennon sisters...