Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Parlez-Vous Quiz?

Welcome back!

The final happened, and I am now the proud owner of ~60 bluebooks. Oh, no that’s wrong, most folks used two bluebooks, so that’d be about 100+ actual bluebooks for ~60 exams. Poop.

Didn’t I just finish grading?

Many moons ago, there was a quiz, and I think #9 was the only trouble – Pointer Sisters’ The Neutron Dance. Much more dangerous than the Safety Dance.

Right then! Upward and onward! (ok, maybe it’s not particularly industrial strength, but hey! It’s got a fur-in language!)

#1

What in the world can make a brown-eyed girl turn blue?

#2

Hey where did we go,
Days when the rains came

#3

Oh daddy dear you know you're still number one

#4

Well I look to my left and then I look to my right
And then I realize they've been striking at me
Since the middle of last night, hey!

#5

Jeder war ein grosser Krieger
Hielten sich fuer Captain Kirk
Das gab ein grosses Feuerwerk
Die Nachbarn haben nichts gerafft

#6

Talk to me, don’t lie to me
Save your breath
Don’t look at me, don’t smile at me
Just close your eyes

#7

With a bottle of wine in one hand and a woman in the other
'Cause he was a ladies man
He never stopped to worry what the next day would bring

#8

Hugging like a monkey see
Monkey do

#9

Falling in love is all bitter sweet
This love is strong why do I feel weak

#10

When I, you, and everyone we knew
Could believe, do, and share in what was true

6 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Hey! How did I get here first? (Really, i haven't just been sitting here hitting reload all night.)

#2-"Brown Eyed Girl," Van Morrison
#3-"Girls just wanna have fun," cyndi lauper
#5-my German is not so hot, but is this "99 Luftballoons" by Nena?
#10-"Dance Hall Days," Wang Chung (I get this song stuck in my head WAY too often.)

Yay for the return of the quiz! (and good luck with the grading)

jayfish said...

gooooood moring lyrics quiz!

since the uber-knowlegeable luckybuzz beat me to the punch, i'm left picking up her crumbs. :)

i'll take:
#8 Wishing Well - Terrence Trent D'arby

sheepish said...

#1 - The Look - Roxette

Camera Obscura said...

I had to Google all the crumbs... I should have known #9. #7 is just mean because hey, who could understand anything but the chorus?

BTW, find the parody of #7 done by the band Atchafalaya -- it's quite fun, especially if you've ever driven anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line. Hubs and I used to play "count the dead armadillos" on the way from Montgomery to Panama City, and the count was always well above 50 for the 4-hour drive.

jayfish said...

okays, i'll take #6 too...

#6 So In Love - OMD

Suzanne said...

#9 How Will I Know by Whitney Houston.

Why do I know all the crappy songs?