Sunday, January 08, 2006

Meme-ries, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Meme-ries

Brightstar tagged me! Yea! So now that I'm it, I'm going to chase all of you folks around the playground. Oh, it's not like that? Oh, I see. I'll probably chase you anyway.

5 Weird Things About Me. (I agree with B*, I'm not sure I can narrow it down to 5)
  • I can't eat seafood. Well, I can, but I hate that fishy taste. That means I can eat some sushi and rolls, and some less fishy fish. Also, if I don't know there is seafood in a dish and I can't taste it, I'm ok, but as soon as I taste or smell that fishiness, my tummy goes a-rumbling. Same thing goes double for shrimp. Bottom-feeders. Ick.
  • I have a lot of trouble eating food off the bone, especially chicken. I think it's because when I was growing up, we raised chickens, so if it looks too animal-y, I start thinking too much.
  • I live in a pile of filth. I'm not happy about this. Because I have a miniature room, there are many boxes of stuff that I used to have room for where I used to live, making it smaller. Because I don't think about it much except when I come home and think, "Wow, this is a pit." Then I go to sleep and wake up and leave and I don't think about it until I get back. Rinse, repeat. Well, it's just a mess.
  • I'm not a math person by any stretch of the imagination, but I always try to do math-stuff in my head. I'm inordinately proud of being able to figure a tip in my head. (but then, I try to tip 20% unless there's a reason to do otherwise, so it's easier :) ) I'm not really good at it, but I keep trying.
  • I have almost no fashion sense at all. For most of my life, I've been a t-shirt and jeans guy. I've been trying recently to dress better (with varying degrees of success). I haven't worn cologne in maybe 10 or 12 years.
  • I can't count to 5.

5 comments:

mendi-la said...

ah, i now understand the t-day problem - will remember in the future to have meat OFF the bone should i choose to serve you again. oops

BrightStar (B*) said...

Interesting... somehow I had you pegged as metrosexual type with total fashion sense. Where did I come up with that?

Overread said...

Ah, Sorry to ruin your image of me. You missed the part about me watching sports, I think. People who watch sports are almost always slobs. :) (ducking flying tomato from the peanut gallery)

I do need to go shopping for some new clothes though...

sheepish said...

I pretty much had you pegged. Over the last year or so, I've been trying to upgrade from graduate student wardrobe to stylishness, with varying degrees of success. It helps that my stylish brother and his stylish wife "like to dress me." I agree on cologne too. The idea is nice, but the implementation is overpowering. If there were a cologne that wasn't immediately smell-able from across the room, then that might work.

Food that takes effort to eat can be annoying (food on bones, for instance) but worth doing if yummy enough to merit the effort.

BrightStar (B*) said...

boys, boys, boys... cologne is kind of icky and tastes bad when you kiss someone, so you both are all good...