Sunday, January 08, 2006

Six

7.83km - ~45'

The battery in my pedometer died. Luckily, since it was getting dark, I was on the treadmill, so I kinda know how far I was going.

Oh, my but, oh my, oh my. The students are back. Walking into the gym I could feel the testosterone and estrogen boiling. The scent of dozens of after shaves assailed my nosehairs. The gaudy workout tights had returned and the strutting, grunting, steel-pumping gonzos were circling. On a side note, I know it's because they're doing sets of weights and all, but it always looks like they aren't working at all. They're just standing around admiring themselves in the mirrors and ogling the skimpy gals. Then again, maybe I'm just jealous because the treadmills are aimed out and away from the ogle-worthies.

On a very happy note, my heart-rate strap, which I thought dropped out of my bag somewhere, turned up thoughtfully placed on the changing room bench. Thank you, unknown samaritan!

Oh, and a note to the woman who was staring at her butt in the mirror for seemingly the entire time I was there: You look fine. Move on. Ok, maybe I did ogle a little bit.

1 comment:

zerodoll said...

i was told guys like to be behind the stairmasters. don't know why...