Monday, February 13, 2006

Better Than a Sharp Quiz in the Eye

See? I haven't abandoned them altogether! :)
(There's some odd ones down there - Be careful)

#1
So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?

#2
Thunder only happens when it’s raining
Players only love you when they’re playing

#3
Forward he cried from the rear
and the front rank died
And the General sat, as the lines on the map
moved from side to side

#4
Should have taken warning
It's just, people mourning, running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go

#5
We’ve got Richard Pryor on the video
We got time to think of the ones we love
While the miles roll away
But the only time that seems too short
Is the time that we get to play

#6
you can brush my hair,
undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation

#7
They shook and lurched all over the church floor
He couldn't quite explain it

#8
It’s savage and it’s cruel
And it shines like destruction
Comes in like the flood
And it seems like religion

#9
Sometimes if I shout,
it's not what's intended.
These words just come out,
with no cross to bear.

#10
Now with a holy host of others standing round me
still I'm on the dark side of the moon

9 comments:

zerodoll said...

#2 Fleetwood Mac- can't quite get the title
#7 Crash Test Dummies- Mmmm mmmmm mmm mmm mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmm

jayfish said...

whee! i know a lot of these!! good to see you quiz!

#1 Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
#4 Red Skies at Night - the Fixx

Liz Miller said...

#3 Us And Them: Pink Floyd
#10 Carolina in My Mind: James Taylor

luckybuzz said...

Hey, a quiz (I missed the last one)! Hi, quiz!

#1--Wish you were here, Pink Floyd
#2--Fleetwood Mac...what IS this??
#4--is that the Fixx? Red Skies at Night?
#5--um...Jackson Browne? I think I'm wrong here...
#7--Crash Test Dummies...what's that called? Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm? It's something hummy...
#8--Eurythmics....damn, I got no titles tonight!

I'm clearly out of quiz-practice...(but thanks for the quiz anyway!)

Camera Obscura said...

The Fleetwood Mac song is "Dreams", kids. And to tell you just how old I am, I happen to know that it was used as the theme song when they made the Judy Blume book Forever into an ABC After School Special. Sad, no?

#5 -- Yup Jackson Browne. "Load Out / Stay".

Suzanne said...

#6 is Barbie World by some band whose name I don't know.
#9 is ... GRRRR! I can sing the whole song and don't know the name or the artist.

mendi-la said...

well, i'm late and don't know any of the ones that haven't already been guessed - darn - i recognized #1, 2, 5, 6 and 9. I cheated asked my 'younger' officemate about Barbie World - she knew right off the bat - I won't share and spoil the integrity of the quiz though

Phantom Scribbler said...

I'll help out luckybuzz -- the title to #8 is "Love is a Stranger."

sheepish said...

#9 that everyone can sing and not name is of course The Promise, by When in Rome.