Thursday, December 28, 2006

Digital Decadance

Well, there was a whole lot less work going on today and a whole lot more retail therapy. Oh, online shopping, how you seduce me with your reaching out to my laziness with your free shipping and random things I never knew I needed.

There were gift cards received this holiday, and I'm giddily shopping from the comfort of my home wearing much less than would be socially acceptable were I to be wandering around the brick and mortar stores, and that's a beautiful thing.

One thing that I did get out to shop for was a decent beginner's cookbook. Pretty much all I've got in my cooking toolbox are the bachelor specials, you know - omelets, chili, tacos, pasta, etc... So I did get out and hit the bookstore to find something that I hope will help. I'll blog it if anything I cook is notable in success or failure.

Also discovered while out today - Pear Cider. Oh, yum. Why is it so hard to find ciders here?

5 comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Mmm, yes. Pear cider is yummy!

zerodoll said...

so what cookbook did you get? everyone should have a copy of the "joy of cooking" if only for reference. if you skew veg, try moosewood.

zerodoll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

tell us what you bought!

jayfish said...

i hate the new blogger....