Monday, July 18, 2005

Crashed

Ok, first off, Wedding Crashers.

It’s not a good movie. No one really expected it to be, I guess, but over at Rotten Tomatoes, I was surprised at its score. It looks like it’s doing better than I would have thought. I’m not going to give a full review, because anyone who has seen the trailer already knows as much as you’ll ever need to know about it.

It is funny, but only in the way you expect this kind of movie to be funny – you’ve got your sex jokes, and your jokes about sex. Then there’s some sexual humor, then there’s a lighthearted moment during sex. Later, there’s a man who falls in love with a woman under false pretences. The woman finds out the truth and is hurt, and the man tries all he can to get back together and they do (can we please lay off of this plot for a year or so? It's been working so hard for so many, I think it needs a little rest). And there’s some jokes about sex in there.

So, funny, but probably worth waiting for. By that I mean that it’ll be on expanded cable in less than a year. 6/10

Also, for all you gals out there, is Owen Wilson sexy? Why is it that beat up pug-men who can’t seem to comb their hair are in? Please tell me we aren’t going to do the 70’s all over again. I don’t think any of us needs that.

5 comments:

RussianViolets said...

No, Owen Wilson is NOT sexy. But Colin Firth? Meow......

RussianViolets said...

Of course, his brother is not bad, but I love men with strong, square jaws.

Overread said...

Well, it helps that Colin Firth can act, too.

RussianViolets said...

Absolutely! Owen Wilson seems to me like he always has to take a dump -- has that stupid look on his face and sounds like it hurts to talk.

mendi-la said...

I agree, Owen Wilson is NOT sexy. I could not stand looking at his nose for too long - what happened to it?? Jason Momoa, with dreds - ahhh, there is no one quite as HOT! I salivate every time i see him :)