Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Link Dump De Jour

I’m heading home, but before I do, I have another few links, for those of you looking for other ways to avoid work.

First, and this one is a little ugly, is a magical machine to tell if you are a woman or man, based on your writing! I should warn you, I randomly threw a few blog entries into it’s maw, and I’m sorry to report that many of you in the blogosphere who are masquerading as women have a lot of explaining to do to your husbands. Luckily, it defended my masculinity. Otherwise, I would have to throw my laptop across the room and rage in a testosterone fury. The whole thing smells a bit to me, maybe someone out there can debunk it.

Number two is a little bit like the Postsecret site that I have over on the sidebar, but this one is a bit more popular, so some of you have probably already been there. Anyway, it’s the Found Magazine’s Find of the Week list. Some very interesting notes are apparently being found by intrepid dog-walkers.

Number three: I LOVE album art. These people obviously do too.

Number four is particularly scary. Here you can make our fearless leader say what you’ve always wanted him to say. I recommend you load some of the ones that other people have built. Reminds me of this old gem (movie). I should warn you that if you haven’t watched that second link, it will make you laugh so hard, you will pee your pants or cry. Or both. Fair warning. Seriously.

Ok, last one for now – This is a site for folks coming to study in the US. It’s got some interesting information about how to deal with customs and social norms in the US. Alright, granted, this one isn't as amusing. Tough.

Alright, I’m going home. There’s more work there waiting for me

4 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

OK, I went to that website that analyzes your writing to tell you if you're male or female, and it's DUMB. It said I was MALE on the three entries I tried. Well, I told it that it was wrong, and that was satisfying.

RussianViolets said...

According to that site, I'm a man, too. Boy, wasn't I surprised to find this out? :-)

Overread said...

It's the list of masculine and feminine words that kills me. How exactly did 'some' score 58 points on the masculine-o-meter and 'him' a 73 on the girl-o-meter? and 'is' is +19 guywise, but 'am' is +42 toward a skirt? (no offense intended to Scots or women in pants)

BrightStar (B*) said...

I agree -- the list seemed arbitrary. (I wonder if I would have had the same annoyed reaction if the website was correct?)