Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Loop Da Loop

11.15km – 1:05’38”

Woohoo!

I ran my campus route today. It’s a nice out loop and back run. Each loop is a touch over 2k, so if you feel like a little more, you can just run another loop. The last couple of times I’ve run it, I’ve felt that I could probably do another loop, but decided against it.

Today, I did 2 loops, and then this guy flew by my on a straight level part of the trail. I figure, wow, he’s fast, and boom, he’s out of sight. The funny thing is that when I turn the bend, there he is, not 50 meters in front of me, running at a pretty leisurely pace. Hmmm… Well, ok, maybe he’s doing fartleks (go ahead and click on it, it’s a running thing. It’s not dirty all), but no, he keeps that pace up until he glances back and sees me making up the distance between us. Then he pours it on again. So for the next two laps, he’s glancing back and trying to keep ahead of me.

It actually made the run kind of interesting. I wasn’t really interested in catching him, but the last lap, after he had run off into the woods somewhere, was a bit dull. Except for the panting sweating and muscle ache. Yeah, except that.

Ok, well, I have to admit that the length of the run was really inspired by Profgrrrrl, who just ran a 7-miler yesterday. I haven’t run even a 10k in about two years (I think - I’d need to check my t-shirt collection to be sure).

So thanks today to Profgrrrrl, and fair warning that I will curse your name when the endorphins wear off and my legs start screaming at me.

And finally, because my dearest sister, mother of the two most perfectest girls on the planet, enjoys a graph, here ya go:

rungraph7_12


Edited to add that I just checked the distance. 11.15km is 6.9282887908 miles. Ack! Profgrrrrl ran further than I did! I am unmanned!

1 comment:

mendi-la said...

i do love the graph - i am so visually inspired!