Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I Don't Know Why - I'm Just a Hairy Guy

Let’s hear it for maintenance day!

Laundry’s done, and there’s a haircut on the horizon.

I was also told to “pleae bring over a suite and a swimming pant” for the trip to Lala-land. I’m flattered that they think I can bring a whole suite over there. I’ll probably go for a pair of swimming trunks instead of just one swimming pant, too. I hope that will be ok.

Actually, the funny thing is that I don’t even have a suit. The last time I wore a suit was back when I was working in an office in NYC. That was about a decade ago. So, I guess I need to pick up a suite… er, a suit before I head out. I’ll actually probably just get a jacket and the other standard gear.

I’m in a very casual world out here. I feel pretty happy to realize that I don’t even have a tie in my apartment, but I do need to start building a more professional wardrobe. Later on, I’m going to be in trouble if someone asks me to be presentable, especially if I end up in a more conservative university when I leave.

Along similar lines, Stewgad had some points about dressing in the classroom that are really interesting. I agree that things seem to be more difficult in the wardrobe department for women. Even the most oblivious guy (for whom I might be mistaken) can just go down to the store and pick up a sports coat and some slacks, and be fine.

At least I’m banking on that.

No comments: