Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Afternoon Run

8.2km – 45’17” Should be about a minute quicker too, ‘cause I stopped to chat with a guy I know and haven’t seen in about a year.  He was just sitting on a bench out by the path.  Kinda odd, really.

Notes to dudes in the locker room:

#1     Dude.  The bench is not for your use only.  There are about ten other guys that need to use it too, over here.  Moreover, it’s probably not the best spot to sprawl out and read.  I know it’s a manual for your shiny new heart rate monitor, and that’s athletically related, but if you’re reading in when I come in from my run, and you’re still reading after I’m showered and changing clothes, then maybe you should think about removing to the library.  I hear they even have desks over there.

#2     Dude.  Spiderman Underoo/Speedos are kinda cool when you are seven.  A little less so when you’re 40-ish.  Save them for your special nights with that someone you care for.  Not so much for the locker room audience.

#3     Dude.  If you feel the need to scrub it for that long, maybe it would be better to go in and have the doctor take a look at it.  Seriously.

Sometimes I wish I didn’t wear contacts.  There are things I would prefer to remain clouded in the mists of myopia.

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

LMAO @ what you have to say to Dudes #1 & #2.