Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Can I Borrow Your Notes?

Wow. A student specifically thanked me for a handout. He said, “This is great. This will really help out in Gruubing.” I didn’t hear sarcasm, so I guess it’s real.

Classes went pretty well, but I’m getting a little frustrated because I want to talk about so many things that I think everyone would love to talk about, but we never have enough time. I know I shouldn’t worry so much as long as good discussions are going on, but there are so many wonderful juicy things to talk about!

Other class notes:

· No one has scoffed my insistence on name tags on the table.

· I still can’t pronounce that guy’s name. I’m really sorry. I should be able to.

· It’s so hard not to ask the relative-of-famous-person to… I don’t know, perform or something?

· Bad, bad me – I made a political comment/joke that I probably shouldn’t have. It seemed like everyone laughed, but that’s no excuse, really.

· The talkative ‘expert’ is in one of my sections. He’s a good guy, but we’re going to have to sit down and talk. I understand he knows a lot of this already. He doesn’t need to impress me or anyone else, and he’s starting to affect the class environment.

No comments: