Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I'm Stuck On an Old Music Station, Send Help!

Alright – how about a lyrical quiz, because as the song playing right now tells me, the rhythm is going to get you. I’ve got to do two, cause the first one is too easy. Remember, we're looking for singer/band & title.

#1

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades
oh no.
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades
oh no
I can't believe it!
Don't be afraid of the guy in shades
oh no
it can't escape you

#2

But where am I gonna look
They tell me that love is blind
I really need a girl like an open book
To read between the lines

Actually, that one’s pretty easy, too… I’ll have to add one more nasty one…

#3

But shoot it in the right direction
Make making it your intention-ooh yeah
Live those dreams
Scheme those schemes
Got to hit me
Hit me
Hit me with those laser beams

Oh, no - this one just came on, you'll never get this one!
#4

You can tell I'm educated, I studied at the Sorbonne
Doctored in mathematics, I could have been a don
I can program a computer, choose the perfect time
If you've got the inclination, I have got the crime

6 comments:

Overread said...

Once again, my prognostications fail! Congrats to the Aspiring Academic on getting the one that I thought would be the hardest - hehe

mendi-la said...

I'm late again but here goes
#1 - Sunglasses at night/Corey Hart
#2 - no clue
#3 - i know this one!
#4 - i know this one too - i just don't know the names without looking them up - AAAaaahhhh! too much drinking has severed my neuron pathes!

jayfish said...

#3 relax - frankie goes to hollywood?

mendi-la said...

Dude - #2 is hard!

Overread said...

Mendi-la gets the Sunglasses at Night! I never could remember which Corey was which.
Jayfish gets Frankie Goes to Hollywood! Very nicely done!
#2 is a hard one, I think the line I remember best is the last one 'read between the liiiiiines'

This is all proof that I don't know what's hard or easy :)

RussianViolets said...

Gah!!! I only knew the Corey Hart one. :-)