Sunday, October 02, 2005

I Play My Xs On Triple Letter Scores

6.01 km – 31’12”

Felt pretty good, too. I just did the quickish run-loop by where I live. Since I knew I was just going to do one loop, I tried to pick up the pace a little bit, and that seemed to work. I even had a sub-five minute kilometer and two at 5’04”. Maybe I should try to run shorter runs more often.

Proof that I’m way more geeky than is healthy:

I turned on ESPN when I got up this morning to watch a bit of the pregame shows (granted, not so geeky), but by the time I got back from my run, I turned the TV back on and they were showing the Scrabble championships. They even had Stephen Fastis, the guy who wrote Word Freak, doing the play-by-play. Play-by-play in a Scrabble game! How can you tell me that cable isn’t a wonderful curse? Rather than watch a quarter or two of football before I left the house, I sat there and watched other people play Scrabble. That’s pretty pathetic, isn’t it?

No comments: