Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Musical Trevor!

The previous misses! #2 – Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me (c’mon now!) #7 – The Cure – Boys Don’t Cry (granted, tough lyric)

Oh, hehe – the bonus song was “Dance Ten, Looks Three” from A Chorus Line

Ok, we’re going to be going a little further back today…

#1

Every Sha-la-la-la
Every Wo-o-wo-o
Still shines
Every shing-a-ling-a-ling
That they're starting to sing's so fine.

#2

Rubbing sticks and stones together makes the sparks ignite
and the thought of rubbing you is getting so exciting.

#3

The weekend at the college
Didn't turn out like you planned
The things that pass for knowledge
I can't understand

#4

I'm a-walkin' in the rain
Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain
Wishin' you were here by me
To end this misery

#5

In a couple of days they come and take me away
But the press let the story leak
And when the radical priest come to get me released
We was all on the cover of Newsweek

#6

Johnny-come-lately, the new kid in town,
Will she still love you when you’re not around?

#7

’cause we’re living in a world of fools
Breaking us down
When they all should let us be

#8

I have waited a lifetime
Spent my time so foolishly
But now that I’ve found you
Together we’ll make history

#9

If you come down to the river,
Bet you gonna find some people who live.
You don’t have to worry ’cause you have no money,
People on the river are happy to give.

#10

Just keep it inside and learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall, remember you almost had it all

8 comments:

jayfish said...

oh geeez. i know a few of these but i have NO idea
who sings them so i'll leave those for others...

#7 How Deep Is You Love - Bee Gees
#8 Feels Like the First Time - Foreigner?

i can't believe you guys didn't get the cure song from yesterday! that was a gimmie! :P

Phantom Scribbler said...

Yeah, I googled the Cure song when I couldn't "hear" anything but those few lines, and kicked myself. Did I or did I not spend an entire year of high school with the Cure on endless loop on my walkman???

#9 is "Proud Mary" (which has been covered, right? but I think of Ike and Tina Turner).

I can hear #6 but can't place it... Oh, the frustration!

zerodoll said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jayfish said...

it's okay phantom, i'm always kicking myself for not knowing songs i should.

is #6 New Kid in Town - the Eagles?? (at least it sounds like it might be from that song)

Suzanne said...

#3: Reeling in the Years by Steely Dan.
#10: Don't Cry out Loud by Melissa Manchester (?)

mendi-la said...

#1 is by The Carpenters
#2 Afternoon Delight by ??

Steph Youstra said...

1. [i can SING it]
2. [sounds tempting ...]
3. [it FITS u2's One, but google says I'm wrong]
5. me&julio down by the schoolyard ~ simon & garfunkel
6. new kid in town (seems too easy)
10. don't cry out loud

jayfish said...

in the "i got the title, she got the artist" dept.

#4 Runaway - Del Shannon?